Strata Property Law
Haddock & Company acts or has acted for many strata corporations (condominiums), property managers and owners with strata property issues. We can advise and help with all aspects of strata property law including:
- Governance, including opinions on the Strata Property Act, bylaws and Rules;
- Meetings and Procedures Regarding the Same;
- Dispute Resolution and Avoidance;
- Court Ordered Appointment of Administrators;
- Winding up a Strata Corporation;
- Human Rights;
- Property Management;
- Employment Law;
- Construction matters including;
- Organizing remediation/repair projects and legal relationships;
- Warranty advice;
- Claims for defective work.
- Depreciation Report Support;
- Insurance issues
In some cases, Haddock & Company offers fixed fees for the following strata services:
- Drafting Bylaws and Rules; and
- Fee Collections and Forced Sales.
Civil Resolution Tribunal
The Civil Resolution Tribunal (the “CRT”) has the jurisdiction to deal with many strata property disputes. It is anticipated that many strata property issues that never would have been dealt with at the Supreme Court because of complexity and cost will now be dealt with before the CRT.
Are you ready to put your best foot forward in this innovative online dispute resolution process? We can help. We can assist with:
- Reviewing the Tribunal process with you;
- Reviewing your case and letting you know what legal principals apply;
- Drafting submissions for the Tribunal;
- Assisting you through the four step process to adjudication;
- Judicial reviews before the Supreme Court of decisions made by the Tribunal.
Haddock & Company has developed a suite of CRT services to meet the budget requirements of our clients. Many of those services are fixed fee.